2021 Summer Camp
March 7th (4pm) – Zoom pre-camp meeting by Camp Decorah
April 1st – Individual Scout Registration and Register for Merit Badges
May 1st – Final Payment and Registration Due
June 16th – Physical Forms Due
July 11th (Sunday)– July 17th (Saturday): Camp
July 11 – 17: Camp
Where: Camp Decorah (Holmen, Wisconsin)
Where: DMV Parking Lot
When: July 11
Where: DMV Parking Lot
When: July 17
Cost per scout – $275
Cost per adult – $125
The camp address is:
Summer Camp Registration
** NOTE **Merit Badge Prerequisites: It will be difficult for you to complete your MB at summer camp without the completion of prerequisites prior to camp. Make sure you do these as soon as possible. They are listed on Page 20 of the Camp Decorah 2021 Leaders Guide.
In case of emergency and you need to get in touch with one of the adult leaders at camp:
Mr. Fleming, ASM: Cell 815-529-0257
Mr. Jones, Scoutmaster: Cell 630-303-3814
For summer camp, the following forms need to be completed and submitted before camp. Please submit all forms to Mr. Fleming.
Every Scout, adult, and visitor staying overnight is required to submit an official “BSA Annual Health and Medical Record” with parts A, B, and C completed upon arrival to camp. A completed form includes a copy of the participant’s medical insurance card. This form requires an annual update by a certified and licensed healthcare provider. This form must be updated and signed within 12 months of the date you will leave for camp. Only submit copies of medical forms; do not submit originals.
Summer Camp Presentation
On Friday, parents and friends are encouraged to join the Scouts for the events culminating their week at Camp Decorah This includes awards, flag retirement ceremony, the Order of the Arrow Ceremony and a BBQ dinner. Visitors may join us for Friday Supper at a cost of $9.00 per meal. Payment is due by Tuesday morning (walk-in price is $10.00 per meal). Picnic tables are available for those who wish to bring their own food. Visitors must follow all camp rules, including those regarding alcohol, tobacco, and pets. The only pets allowed in camp are service animals. The parking lot across from the Training Center is provided for all vehicles.
We will be meeting at the Naperville DMV at TBD on July 11. We are planning for a quick departure. Please eat breakfast before we depart the Naperville DMV and we will stop for lunch on the way. Please have lunch money with you … separate from your camp stash. Also, remember to save some cash for the lunch stop on the way home.
Early Departure (if required)
Any Early Departure from Camp Decorah must be coordinated with Mr. Fleming before the start of camp. A special Early Dismissal Form will be required. Please contact Mr. Fleming to coordinate an early dismissal.
Food / Dietary Restrictions:
Indicate any food or dietary restrictions on summer camp registration. If you have any questions regarding meals, contact Mr. Fleming.
There will be a banker box with us at camp. We will collect money on Sunday before we leave the parking lot. Please put an envelope for your camp money addressed with your name, troop 75, and CAMP MONEY. Some things to include in your budget: Don’t forget to include money for other daily treats and other goodies at the trading post. The troop recommends $50.
Other costs will be listed here later as determined.
Please place all meds in a Ziploc baggie WITH a copy of the medication sheet from the health form. ALL meds will be given to Mr. Fleming before we leave. Please keep all inhalers and EPI pens accessible with the scout. Mr. Fleming will want to quickly review with you and your parent, so don’t just hand your baggie in and leave. Meds at this camp will be stored in a locked container at our campsite and administered by Mr. Fleming.
- Completed “BSA Annual Health and Medical Record” signed by parent or guardian and physician, (Parts A, B & C) with a copy of the participants medical insurance card.
- Scout uniforms which include shorts or pants and short-sleeve shirt. The field uniform (Class-A) is required for the evening meal.
- Several Scout t-shirts (or Scouting appropriate shirts)
- The activity uniform (Class-B) is the preferred daytime attire
- At least seven pairs of socks (some Scout socks for use with summer uniform)
- Neckerchief (an option of troop uniform requirements)
- Towels (2) and washcloth
- At least six changes of underwear
- Swimming trunks
- Pants (1-2 pair) for horseback riding or ATV
- Shorts (2-3 pair)
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blanket
- Poncho or raincoat – A MUST
- Extra pair of shoes (for wet weather) – A MUST
- Duffel bag
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, and comb
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Boy Scout Handbook
- Notepaper, pencil or pen
- Mosquito repellent
- Medicine-must be in Ziploc with name on bag WITH a copy of the medication sheet from the health form B.
- Canteen or water bottle
- Mess kit (utensils, bowl, cup, plate)
- (3) Large trash bags- protect gear from rain
- Day Pack
- Face Mask
- Playing Cards
- Camera and film (does anyone still use film?)
- Pocket knife with Totin’ Chip card
- Fishing pole and tackle (Do not bring live bait – camp will have available for purchase)
- Backpack and backpacking tent (if needed for specific merit badge requirements)
- Hiking boots (if needed for specific merit badge requirements)
- Money for the trading post and merit badge supplies
- Electronic Games
- Sheath knives
- Firearms, including archery equipment
- Alcohol or Illegal Drugs
** Note ** You can get your gear at various places here are some places to give you a starting point:
Comments Off on 2021 Summer Camp