Payment Due: April 4, 2017
Merit Badge Selection: April 4, 2017
Physical Forms (Section A, B, C) – June 2017
Where: Canyon Camp (Stockton, IL)
URL for Good Information:
Where: Meet at DMV Sunday
When: Sunday, July 16, 2017 8:30 AM
Where: DMV Parking lot across from the Church
When: Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:00 PM
Cost per scout – TBD
Cost per adult – TBD
(Permission slip to come)
The camp address is:
Scout’s Name, Troop 75
c/o Canyon Camp BSA
4856 East Townsend Road
Stockton, IL 61085
Merit Badge Schedule and Signup
Merit Badges sessions are on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Download the schedule:
Merit Badge Schedule for Camp Stockton
Sign up sheet is here – Merit Badge Schedules Template
Merit badge prerequisite information
None at this time.
In case of emergency and you need to get in touch with one of the adult leaders at camp:
Mike Marcotte (ScoutmasterTroop75@gmail.com) 713-834-2961
Brian Nagle (firstname.lastname@example.org) 815-715-0017
Emergency Phone Call Number at the camp: (815) 492-2175
Medical Forms / Waivers:
For Summer Camp, the following forms need to be completed and submitted before July 4th. Please submit all forms to Mike Marcotte.
Every Scout, adult, and visitor staying overnight is required to submit an official “BSA Annual Health and Medical Record” with parts A, B, and C completed upon arrival to camp. A completed form includes a copy of the participant’s medical insurance card. This form requires an annual update by a certified and licensed healthcare provider. This form must be updated and signed within 12 months of the date you will leave camp. Only submit copies of medical forms; do not submit originals. Do not mail medical forms to the council office; bring them to camp. An electronic and editable copy of the form can be downloaded from the Canyon Camp website at https://www.canyoncampbsa.org. Roll over “Boy Scout Camp” and then click on “Forms”.
Summer Camp Presentation
We will be meeting at Good Shepherd at 8:30 AM on Sunday 7/16. We are planning for a 9:00 AM departure. Please eat breakfast before we depart Good Shepherd and we will stopping for lunch on the way. Please have lunch money with you … separate from your camp stash. Also, remember to save some cash for the lunch stop on the way home.
Early Departure (if required)
Any Early Departure from Canyon Camp must be coordinated with Brian Nagle before the start of camp. A special Early Dismissal Form will be required. Please contact Brian Nagle and Mike Marcotte to coordinate an early dismissal.
Food / Dietary Restrictions:
Dietary Restrictions communicated on the Permission Slips have been communicated to camp. Any additional restrictions need to be communicated to Julia Ballent and Brian Nagle as soon as possible.
It will be difficult for you to complete your MB at summer camp with out the completion of prerequisites prior to camp. Make sure you do these as soon as possible.
Merit badge prerequisite information
There will be a banker box with us at camp. We will collect money on Sunday before we leave the parking lot. Please put any money for MB’s in an envelope with your name, Troop 75, Mb’s and cost. Please use a separate envelope for your camp money addressed with your name, troop 75, and CAMP MONEY. Some things to include in your budget: Don’t forget to include money for other daily treats and other goodies at the trading post.
Other costs will be listed here later as determined
Please place all meds in a Ziploc baggie WITH a copy of the medication sheet from the health form. ALL meds will be given to Jennifer Cassidy before we leave. Please keep all inhalers and EPI pens accessible with the scout. Jennifer Cassidy will want to quickly review with you and your parent, so don’t just hand her your baggie and leave. Meds at this camp will be stored in a locked container at our campsite and administered by Jennifer Cassidy.
- ** JUST ADDED ** – MESS KIT
- Completed “BSA Annual Health and Medical Record” signed by parent or guardian and physician, (Parts A, B & C) with a copy of the participants medical insurance card
- Scout uniforms which include shorts or pants and short-sleeve shirt. The field uniform (Class-A) is required for the evening meal
- Several Scout t-shirts (or Scouting appropriate shirts)
- The activity uniform (Class-B) is the preferred daytime attire
- At least seven pairs of socks (some Scout socks for use with summer uniform)
- Neckerchief (an option of troop uniform requirements)
- Towels (2) and washcloth
- At least six changes of underwear
- Swimming trunks
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blanket
- Poncho or raincoat – A MUST
- Extra pair of shoes (for wet weather) – A MUST
- Duffel bag or foot locker
- Soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and comb
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Boy Scout Handbook
- Notepaper, pencil or pen
- Mosquito repellent – roll-on or cream only – n
- aerosol cans
- Canteen or water bottle
- Camera and film (does anyone still use film?)
- Pocket knife with Totin’ Chip card
- Fishing pole and tackle (Do not bring live bait – camp will have available for purchase)
- Backpack and backpacking tent (if needed for specific merit badge requirements)
- Personal cooking utensils (if needed for specific merit badge requirements)
- Hiking boots (if needed for specific merit badge requirements)
- Money for the trading post and merit badge supplies
- Sheath knives
- Firearms, including archery equipment